Guided Park Tours
NEW! History of the Park and Trees Walk
Guided tours of The Mariners’ Park and Noland Trail
$1 per person. Free for Mariners’ Museum Members.
Limited Space Available. Reservations Required.
Connect with nature on a guided tour of The Mariners’ Park and the Noland Trail! This unique walking trek will take 90 minutes and features an in-depth narrative of trees and plants, including an overview history of the scenic 550-acre Park.
Where to meet?
Meet at the Museum’s Business Entrance
where the guided walk begins. The comprehensive tour is approximately 1/4 mile from the business entrance, follows Meadow Path to the award-winning Noland Trail, and then loops back to the Museum. Guided tours are conducted by either a master naturalist or a Mariners’ Park staff member.
Each group is limited to a maximum of 15 people. History of the Park Tour fees are nonrefundable. If you are unable to attend on your prepaid date, please contact us at [email protected]MarinersMuseum.org to reschedule your tour and subject to availability.
The Mariners’ Museum and Park requests that all guests follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Virginia and the Virginia Department of Health pertaining to mask requirements, self-screening, and other safety and health recommendations. Be sure to review our “Know Before You Go” tips listed below prior to the tour!
2021 GUIDED NATURE TOUR DATES
This tour is limited to 15 people so pre-registration is required.
Download an App!
For an even more in-depth experience, download the iNaturalist (Apple, Google) or Seek (Apple, Google) mobile apps before your tour and help our staff gather data about wildlife in the Park. Reserve your spot today, and join us on this fresh new take on a park outing!
Know before you go tips:
- The Mariners’ Museum and Park requests that all guests follow the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Virginia and the Virginia Department of Health pertaining to mask requirements, self-screening, and other safety and health recommendations.
- For safety and to provide an optimal experience, this tour is limited to 15 guests.
- Suggested items to bring: water, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellant, walking/hiking shoes and rain gear if necessary. Please dress for the weather!
- This tour is “rain or shine”; however, if severe weather is forecasted the tour will be canceled. You will be able to reschedule for a different date, subject to availability.
- Please do NOT overestimate your physical ability – this tour is an approximately 1/4-mile walk on both flat ground and slight hills/elevations.
- Bathroom facilities will be available at the beginning and conclusion of the Tour.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Wheeled vehicles (bicycles, strollers, wheelchairs, etc.) are not permitted.
- The tour is suitable for kids that are able to walk (or ride in a backpack!) 1/4 mile on the Trail. The content is more geared towards adults and children 10 and up, but all ages are welcome! If you want something to engage your younger mariners in the Park and on the Noland Trail, check out our Pirate Scavenger Hunt or Tree ID Walk activities you can use to explore the Park and Noland Trail. Download the activities for FREE.
- All Park guests are asked to practice a “Leave No Trace” approach to basic outdoor etiquette that leaves sites as you found them:
- Do not litter; please remove all trash
- Take photos of plants/flowers, but please do not pick
- Do not harm natural areas or vandalize outdoor spaces
- Visitors are required to observe all applicable Museum, city, state, and federal rules, regulations, and laws.
Support the Park
With your help, we can ensure that the Park and Noland Trail receive the care they need so that this remarkable urban oasis continues to be a free community resource for many generations to come! Donate