Mr Nate Shugars
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to MarinersMuseum.org!
About the Terms
By clicking ‘I Accept' to the terms and conditions when becoming a member of The Mariners’ Museum and/or by using the website at www.MarinersMuseum.org ("website") you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the privacy statement. You must read them carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions and the privacy statement, please do not access, use, or participate in The Mariners’ Museum website. These terms and conditions and the privacy statement are enforced in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
This website is owned and operated by The Mariners’ Museum, 100 Museum Drive, Newport News, VA 23606.
The privacy statement forms part of these terms and conditions. Please read the privacy statement for more detailed information on how we store and use your personal information before using or submitting any personal information or other content on the website. View the Privacy Statement
Eligibility & Registration
Changes and Modifications
We may modify these terms from time to time. In the event of a modification we will post the modified terms on the website. The modified terms will come into effect as soon as they are posted on the web site and use of the web site after that point will be subject to the modified terms. It is your responsibility to review these Terms regularly. By continuing to use The Mariners’ Museum website you will be deemed to have accepted the modified terms.
All intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered), including copyright, design, patents, photographs, illustrations, software and trade marks in and on The Mariners’ Museum website shall remain vested with The Mariners’ Museum or its licensors (including other users) ("The Mariners’ Museum materials"). You do not have permission to copy, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, modify, rearrange, download or otherwise use The Mariners’ Museum website materials except for your own personal non-commercial use as set out in these terms and conditions.
This Web Site may contain links to other web sites. These Linked Sites are outside of our control and as such we do not accept responsibility or liability for their content, materials, products or services, or warrant the accuracy or security of the linked sites. If you use a linked site you do so entirely at your own risk. Our inclusion of linked sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on them or any association with their owners or operators. Linked sites may contain advertisements—these advertisements are not recommendations or endorsements by us and we are not responsible for the products or services being advertised.
The Mariners’ Museum respects the intellectual property rights of others and prohibits materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. If you believe that any material on The Mariners’ Museum website infringes copyright, please send a written notification of such infringement to our Webmaster by taking the following steps:
- Identify the copyrighted work so that we can locate the material. For example, "The copyrighted work is on the profile page of ..."
- Identify the URL that contains the material that you claim infringes your copyright. Please word this as follows: "The content at the following URL infringes on my copyright: …
- State that you believe "in good faith" that the material you identify as copyright is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- State that the information contained in your copyright notice "is accurate to the best of my knowledge", and that you attest under the penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Include your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
Forward these details to:
The Mariners’ Museum
100 Museum Drive
Newport News, VA 23606
E-mail us at webmaster@MarinersMuseum.org
We will attempt to contact the source of the allegedly infringing material and may remove any content which is the subject of a notice under this clause within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to take any further steps we deem necessary to further investigate such content.
Conditions of Use
The website is built to allow members (referred to as "you" or "the member") to communicate with each other.
As The Mariners’ Museum is about sharing information and ideas with other likeminded people, individuals or organizations that you interact with using the website may approach you to organize offline meetings or activities. You must satisfy yourself as to the identity of any persons or organizations that you agree to meet offline and that their intentions for meeting with you are authentic. We do not guarantee or warrant in any way that persons who you interact with on the website are who they claim to be.
BE AWARE THAT INFORMATION THAT YOU POST ON THIS OR ANY OTHER SITE MAY AFFECT YOUR OFFLINE LIFE, FOR EXAMPLE YOU MUST NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION DETAILS INCLUDING YOUR ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, AND YEAR OF BIRTH OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION WHICH MIGHT POSE A RISK TO YOUR PERSONAL PRIVACY OR EVEN SAFETY.
You may only use the website for lawful purposes, in a responsible manner, and in accordance with these terms and conditions. By using this website:
- You agree to be responsible for the security of your password, usage of your account and both the public and private content you communicate on the website.
- You agree to give honest, accurate, and current information about yourself and to maintain and update this information.
- You agree to accept responsibility for all materials, information, opinions, photographs, and any other media that you upload, post, or publish to or through the website ("content").
- You agree not to transmit, upload, post, distribute, publish, or reproduce in any way any content that you did not create, including copyrighted material, trade marks, or other proprietary information without obtain written prior consent for such proprietary rights.
- You agree not to transmit, post, distribute, or reproduce in any way, material that violates any law or any rights of another, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights, defamation, and privacy or confidence.
- You grant us an irrevocable and perpetual license to use and reproduce any content in any manner and in all media (whether now known or in the future devised) throughout the world. This includes the right to edit, adapt, modify, change, add to, and detract from, the content which you post on the website, and to use the content for any purpose including for the purpose for publishing the content to other users of the website, or for promotional or commercial purposes.
- You agree that we can materially alter any content and use it in any manner and for any purpose with or without attribution to you.
- You agree not to post offensive sexual references or suggestive language, other people's images without their consent, nudity or otherwise offensive material in any area of the site. The Mariners’ Museum reserves the right, but has no obligation, to reject or remove any profile or photo.
Furthermore, by using this website you agree that you will not:
- Publish or upload any links or content that can be construed as abusive, libelous, defamatory, privacy invading, sexually and or racially offensive abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise offensive or unlawful material of any kind.
- Publish or upload any links or content that can be seen to attack The Mariners’ Museum in general, in consideration of the nature of this website.
- Publish or upload any links or content of a pornographic nature.
- Use the website in any way that could impair the operation of the website including by submitting content that contains a virus or corrupted data.
- Create a false or misleading identity of, including, but not limited to, another The Mariners’ Museum user, a Mariners’ Museum employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message, or to harvest or otherwise collect information about others.
- Use automated processes to collect information from the website.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of MarinersMuseum.org.
- Interfere with another Member's use and enjoyment of MarinersMuseum.org.
- Advertise or solicit other members to use The Mariners’ Museum for the buying and selling of goods or services.
If you live outside of Virginia, you agree to comply with the laws and regulations of Virginia.
We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post, or to remove content submitted by you at our sole discretion.
You must not make any false assertion or misrepresentation of any kind while using the website, including as to your name, age, gender, title, occupation, qualification, accreditation, expertise or your associations, affiliations or memberships. You also must not use the website for any immoral, illegal or criminal purpose. The Mariners’ Museum has the right at its sole discretion to undertake any checks or investigations that it deems necessary from time to time in respect to all assertions and representations made by you, and all activity undertaken by you, while using the website. The Mariners’ Museum has the right at its sole discretion to refuse your access to the website and to terminate your user account at any time if it believes that you have made a false assertion or misrepresentation, or have used the website for an immoral, illegal or criminal purpose.
You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in The Mariners’ Museum social networks. You agree that The Mariners’ Museum is not liable for any damages which may result from your neglect or otherwise from your use of the website.
The Mariners’ Museum areas are not designed as the primary places to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to The Mariners’ Museum such as photos, documents and software. The Mariners’ Museum is not responsible for loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials.
We offer no conditions or warranties, representations or any other terms in relation to the website. The use of this website is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude all conditions and warranties (express and implied) of any kind. We do not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to this website or any content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you using the website, or any content which has been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this website. We do not endorse any opinion, recommendation or advice contained in materials on the website which have been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this website.
Under no circumstances (including without limitation, any act or omission on our part) will we be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss whatsoever which results from any use or access of (or inability to use or access) this website.
You agree to indemnify The Mariners’ Museum and our directors, officers, agents and affiliates from and against all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
This website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Virginia. We make no representations that The Mariners’ Museum content on this website is appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access this website from locations outside of Virginia do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Virginia. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable it will not affect the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which will continue in full force and effect.
The Mariners’ Museum reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice or explanation, any member account or user-created Service or any particular posting that violates these Terms and Conditions, or to otherwise terminate your access to the website in The Mariners’ Museum's sole discretion.
The Mariners’ Museum Gift Shop has a 60 day return policy for unused products. Any shipping for returned items will be at the customer’s expense. The Museum is not liable for damage which occurs during the shipping process. Please contact the customer service line for any questions or concerns.
Any order made through The Mariners' Museum Gift Shop will be processed and shipped during normal business hours Monday through Friday. Any order placed on Saturday or Sunday or on a Federal holiday will not be processed and shipped until normal business hours. Standard shipping takes 1-5 business days within the contiguous United States, and 3-7 business days to Alaska or Hawaii. International shipping orders are dependent upon customs. A valid shipping address must be used for Shop orders. The Gift Shop cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
These terms and conditions were last updated on November 23, 2010.